Hammerhead is a legendary machine gun that can be considered one of the most powerful weapons in all of Destiny 2. As the Hammerhead has gained a lot of popularity in PVP as well as PVE, there are many players who are wondering how to get it. We think it is one of the most powerful machine guns in Destiny 2 but we also think it is one of the most fun guns to use. In this article we will teach you how to get Hammerhead in Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 Hammerhead Video Tutorial
Similarly to our How to get Spare Rations in Destiny 2 guide, we recommend watching a video tutorial for Destiny 2. There are some games who would rather watch a video tutorial in order to learn tips and tricks for Destiny 2. We think the below video is the best tutorial to teach you how to earn the Hammerhead Legendary Machine Gun. We will also write out all of the steps below the video if you would like to read it instead.
If you would rather read about how to earn the Hammerhead in Destiny 2 then follow the written tutorial below.
How To Get Hammerhead In Destiny 2
If you have seen videos or other players using the Hammerhead and would like to add the legendary machine gun to your arsenal then we will teach you how in just a few quick steps.
In order to earn the Hammerhead in Destiny 2 you will have to go through the Black Armory and utilize the forges in order to get the gun. If you have never opened up the forges before, then here is a quick tutorial.
How To Open The Forges To Get The Hammerhead
There are a few quick steps you will need to take in order to open up the forges. Below are the steps:
- You must visit Spider who is located in the Tangled Shore.
- After visiting Spider, travel to the Annex area within the Tower and you will need to speak with Ada-1.
- After speaking with Ada-1, you can begin by getting a Weapon Core that is located in the Black Armory Crate. It is important that after you collect the Weapon Core that you go and collect at least 25 Compound Ether from different Fallen Enemies.
- The next objective you must achieve is to get Hive kills using a Power Weapon as well as getting multi-kills in order to progress to the next step.
- After you have achieved the multi-kills objective you only have a few more tasks to complete. The next one is to defeat 25 Powerful Enemies. This one can be difficult if you aren't prepared. After killing the Powerful Enemies you are required to collect the Radiant Seeds from each kill.
- After you have completed all of these objectives it is finally time to return to Ada-1 and you can now visit the Volundr Forge.
Completing The Hammerhead Once The Forges Are Open
Now that you have the forges opened, you are close to getting a complete Hammerhead. The forges will be open and you can speak to Ada-1 up in the tower in order to receive the machine gun frame. The frame is used to farm for this weapon and is vital in order to get the Hammerhead.
Once you have the machine gun frame, the next step is to begin preparing the frame. This involves completing a few tasks and quests in order to transform the machine gun frame into the Hammerhead Legendary Machine Gun. You can prepare your machine gun by speaking to Ada and following the quest steps provided. This typically involves using the daily forge.
The process of preparing and transforming your gun frame into the Hammerhead isn't difficult and the NPC's will guide you through the entire process.
What Is The Hammerhead In Destiny 2
The Hammerhead is a legendary machine gun that is known for its fast fire rate and fun play style. This gun has become incredibly popular in recent months and is a great gun for PVP as well as PVE.
How Long Does It Take To Get The Hammerhead In Destiny 2?
The entire process to get the Hammerhead in Destiny 2 doesn't take very long at all. The actual time will vary depending on your skill level and how experienced you are at the game. For beginners, it may take a little bit longer as you are less familiar with the game and will require more assistance. For more experienced players the process won't take long at all and should be a pretty easy task to complete.
Destiny 2 Hammerhead Overview
The Hammerhead is a well known legendary machine gun in Destiny 2. It takes up a heavy slot and is known for being sturdy and reliable. It shoots up to 450 rounds per minute and has 60 bullets in its magazine. It can be improved by utilizing the Hammerhead with perks such as High Impact Reserves, Quickdraw, Surrounded, and other gun boosting perks.